Thanks. I *will* dig deeper and experiment a bit when I get the time. I doubt that Freemarker had much impact on the final rendering and the context since it is just a templating tool, not specific to web apps. Niggle (which uses Freemarker) might have something to do with it and we had a developer that tweaked Niggle some, but that was a *long* time ago (I don't think Niggle has seen any action since 2002).

I really hadn't looked very carefully at deployment issues so this is now on my list to understand more completely so I don't run into any issues on future deployments.

I appreciate the pointers and the patience. There is always something more to learn in this business and it's always good to have my assumptions challenged which in this case were all wrong.

Pete