On 25.02.2009 03:12, ilndinesh wrote:
But if you have only one Tomcat to send requests to, then all this tells
you is that this Tomcat is not responding.  So now what do you do ?

   In this case, I want apache to treat the request as DECLINED by mod_jk, so
that if we put some static content in apache at this place, it will be
served at least until tomcat is ready again.
   Which means, if we can test tomcat's availability before sending it the
actual request, we can DECLINE the request if necessary, and thereby apache
will serve it if it can.

Can you please file an enhancement request in Bugzilla, so that we don't forget about this. We could make that behaviour configurable. By default we would da lb failover or return an error page if no worker is left or no lb is involved, but optionally we could return DECLINE in all such cases or at least when no failover worker is left.

Regards,

Rainer