On 25.03.2009 18:54, Mike Reidy wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to configure system properties at Tomcat start-up
*without* adding them to the startup command line, for example you might add
-Dxx.yyy.zzz=123 to the command line to add a system property called
xxx.yyy.zzz with a value of 123.  I want something other than this....

I was hoping that there might be a way of loading an additional properties
file in a similar way to catalina.properties but I cannot see this in
documentation.  Does this exist?  If so can someone point me at the
documentation please.

You can do it in exactly the same way as catalina.properties, namely all lines in catalina.properties are automatically added to the system properties. Simply add your additional properties to that file.

Regards,

Rainer