this is doable, just enter all your properties in catalina.properties

first thing tomcat does is ... System.setProperties( - read catalina.properties - ) ;

so you don't need them on the command line

Mike Reidy wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to configure system properties at Tomcat start-up
*without* adding them to the startup command line, for example you might add
-Dxx.yyy.zzz=123 to the command line to add a system property called
xxx.yyy.zzz with a value of 123.  I want something other than this....

I was hoping that there might be a way of loading an additional properties
file in a similar way to catalina.properties but I cannot see this in
documentation.  Does this exist?  If so can someone point me at the
documentation please.

If this is not the case is there a standard way that would be the
recommended way of writing a custom plugin for Tomcat to do this?

Thank you for your time & effort,