Anamika raj wrote:
i am configuring a server to monitor it with jconsole locally.when i m
starting the jconsole PID is showing for that server in the jconsole(for
local monitoring) but it is giving me message that "management agent is not
enables on that process.

how to enable the management agent for that process or tell me for any
process in simple,step by step.

i didnt do any configuration to monitor that server with Jconsole,do i need
to do anything to configure any server with jconsole?
I want to know if i want to monitor any server what configuration I have to
do.
Read :
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html

Example jvm settings for starting Tomcat to allow jconsole monitoring (! with no security !) :

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8200 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false