On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Caldarale, Charles R <
chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.good...@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Re: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
>
> No, the appBase attribute defines where *all* of the <Host> webapps go,
> each in its own directory or .war file immediately under the appBase
> directory.  Again, look at what Tomcat has in its default distribution;
> under the webapps directory, you'll find docs, examples, host-manager,
> manager, and ROOT.  Each one of those is a separate, independent webapp,
> with ROOT being the default for the <Host>; ROOT is used when the URL
> doesn't match any of the others.
>

> >This alternative scheme uses only one <Host>, and deploys the webapp under
> a different >name for each sub.  This allows you to add or remove subs on
> the fly, without taking >Tomcat down.  Your current scheme requires
> restarting Tomcat whenever you want to add >or a remove a subdomain.

This is what I was trying to figure out.  How can I add one on the fly
without restarting Tomcat each time I add / remove a subdomain.

>  - Chuck

UGH!  what an idiot I've been.  I did this, didn't have to mess with the
<Host> and tied everything to a sub directory.  :: bangs head on desk ::
This would have been SOOOO much faster if I had not been so stubborn and
hell bent on using subdomains....  It took my install procedure from 8 steps
to 4 and now takes a mere few seconds rather than a few minutes of my
time....

Thanks again!  You are the man