Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
>> Subject: dbcp pool evictor deadlock?
>>
>> I ran into the most troublesome deadlock over the weekend
>> on my server
>
> Always start by telling us what version of Tomcat (and therefore which
> commons-dbcp) you're using.  It's likely commons-dbcp 1.2.2 since that's been
> out for a while, but the exact version may be critical.

It may well be an issue with DBCP. Your best bet would be to switch your
app to use dbcp 1.2.2 and pool 1.5.1 directly rather than the built-in
version bundled with Tomcat.

There are some fixes needed in dbcp 1.2.2 but most of the sync issues
were in pool 1.4/

Plans are afoot to update Tomcat to these versions.

Mark