Eric B. wrote:
>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote in message
>>> From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
>>> Subject: dbcp pool evictor deadlock?
>>>
>>> THREAD 1:
>>> Name: Timer-1
>>> State: BLOCKED on
>>> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.poolableconnect...@1e667871
>>> owned by: scheduling.QuartzInternal_Worker-0
>>> Total blocked: 1  Total waited: 15,342
>>>
>>> Stack trace:
>>> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.AbandonedTrace.addTrace(AbandonedTrace.java:175)
>> Assuming this version of Tomcat is using commons-dbcp 1.2.2, there's
>> something seriously wrong here.  The synchronized block at the above line
>> is for an AbandonedTrace object, not a PoolableConnection.

Like a number of classes, PoolableConnection extends AbandonedTrace so
this isn't entirely unexpected.

Pool 1.5 fixed a bunch of sync issues. This looks like a variation of
POOL-125 / DBCP-44. Whilst not identical, the various changes in pool
1.5 should (hopefully) resolve this.

> Am running CentOS 5.2 on a 64bit server, running 64bit Sun Java 6.0.11 with
> Tomcat 6.0.18.  I'm not sure what version of dbcp Tomcat 6.0.18 uses,
> however.

dbcp 1.2.2 / pool 1.4

> With respect to Mark's posting to switch to apache dpcp 1.2.2 and pool
> 1.5.1, is there any configuration documentation anywhere that I can read up
> to find out how to reconfigure tomcat/my app to use those instead of the
> default ones shipped with Tomcat?  I figure I can d/l them and drop them in
> the tomcat/lib directory,

Correct.

> but not sure how to indicate to Tomcat to use
> those classes in the Resource tag.

Add a factory attribute to the resource tag of
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

That should do it.

Mark