A bit of advice...

Its much less risky and complicated to take the last 6.0.x version,
namely 6.0.20, instead of building what will become
your unique personal tomcat version r-something.

If your car is broken, do you buy a new one from a vendor, or do you
buy a "do it yourself" manual and separate parts and spend next
three years in the garage assembling? .-)

Leon