On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Robert Schmid<rsch...@raptor.net> wrote:
> I have a mostly virgin setup of Apache 2 and Tomcat from a fresh install of
> Mac OS X Server 10.5
>
> I have set up  one domain and setup the proxypass directives from apache.
>  These are working except that my servlets are not receiving the cookies or
> session id.
>
> My config is below.  You may notice the following;
>
> 1) The ProxyPass directives are outside the Virtual Host.  I couldn't get
> them working inside the virtual host

Then you should fix that, because that's where they belong.

> 2) I have turned off the rewrite rules - they seemed to have no effect but I
> wanted to eliminate the possibility of conflict.  From some of my reading it
> seems like I have to use a rewrite rule to get the cookies passed in.

No, you don't need rewrite.

> 3) Load balancing is turned on but has no effect.  This is all on a single
> machine.  Is load balancing required?

No.

> VirtualHost *:80>

Good grief. What is all this, er, stuff?

Basically, all you need in your virtual host block is the server name
and ProxyPass + ProxyPassReverse.

Try simplifying and report back the exact error (if you get any).

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com