You may have to fool with your firewall (or talk to you lan administrator).
I have a line for starting iptables that looks like this:

-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

I suspect Ubuntu has some classy utility for modifying the firewal to allow
8080 or what
ever port Tomcat is using to get in.
mas

--