On 05.10.2009 12:45, Carlos García Gómez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this hardware solution
>
> + One HTTP/HTTPS balancer.
> + four serves
>  - Two Apaches (A1 and A2).
>  - Mod_JK loadbalancer. (software)
>  - Two Tomcats (T1 and T2). (CLUSTERED)
>
> We want to use, for example, manager application.
>
> Example: www.test.org/manager
>

> But I would like to know in wich tomcat the session I am. Even I would like
> having something to force go to one of two Tomcat Servers.
>
> I have tought two options:
>
> OPTION 1: Use an HTTP port.
> www.test.org:8081/manager for tomcat1
> www.test.org:8082/manager for tomcat2

I like it, because you it would be an admin entry separated from the
production connector. You can still use it, even when the production
connector runs out of threads because something got stuck.

> But I dislike it. I don´t want any application was servered in other por that
> not is 80 (HTTP).
>

> OPTION 2: Use two xml archives.
> CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/www.test.org/manager1.xml
> CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/www.test.org/manager2.xml
> And in apache
> JkMount /manager1 tomcat1
> JkMount /manager2 tomcat2
>
> but I dislike this option too because I don´t want to be creating two xmls
> archives in each Host that want to use with the application. Even must be too
> many application like manager (probe, host-manager, admin....)
>

> ANY SOLUTIONs?

http://www.test.org/manager;jsessionid=.T1

rsp T2 (assuming the jvmRoute attribute in server.xml is set to T1 and
T2). Ans make sure, that you don't send a JSESSIONID cookie when calling
this URL.

Regards,

Rainer