Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
Subject: Re: Installation differences between 6.0.24 and 5.5.28

Why not?  Here are the entries on the java tab of tomcat6w:
-Dcatalina.base=C:\TomcatClients\Pelican
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\TomcatClients\Pelican\temp

And tomcat5w has
-Dcatalina.base=C:\TomcatClients\Pelican
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\TomcatClients\Pelican\temp

So you are sharing things between Tomcat 5.5.28 and 6.0.24, which you said you
had no desire to do.  I'd strongly recommend you stop trying to do that.

I don't *want* to do this!! I'm only doing it as a troubleshooting attempt, trying to figure out why I can't get 6.0.x to start.

Obviously there's something different in the configuration requirements, but I can't figure out what it is. That's why I asked for some suggestions as to where to find configuration differences between the two major versions. Right now, I'm in the middle of doing a line-by-line comparison of the default configuration files that the two installations set up.