Hi Chuck,

I am attempting to follow your instructions, but I am not having much luck,
can I just check I am understanding you correctly.

1) I have created a folder with absolute path:
/home/farthing/appservers/userapps
2) In this folder I have placed my WAR file, Application.war
3) In /home/farthing/appservers/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/conf/Catalina/localhost
I have placed a file called Application.xml (contents of file below).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/Application" docBase="/home/farthing/appservers/userapps">
        <Resource name="jdbc/postgres" auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/XXXXXX"
                username="YYYYYY" password="ZZZZZZ" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
                maxWait="-1"/>
</Context>

Each time I 'touch' Application.xml all I get in catalina.out is:

Mar 8, 2010 4:46:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO: Undeploying context [/Application]

And the application does not deploy at any point.

Can you spot where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks,

James