Hi tomcat users,

I’ am new at this list but I have gain some years of experience with
the tomcat server as a developer. I hope the email full fill all of
the community introduced requirements.

At first, I have searched the whole web to find a good answer but
nothing fit. At next I setup a tomcat server (v. 5.5.25) with JMX and
used a client to surf throw the JMX functions. But I didn't found the
right attribute.
So I consider your help.

I have to develop a mechanism which decides to reject a request if the
tomcat working on this capacity limit. We defined the capacity limit
by 250 parallel requests. If this limit reachthe next request would
stored in the tomcat queue.
The mechanism would work in the following step so far my concept:

1) Take a look in the tomcat queue and get a count of the stored requests
2) If the count greater a defined number reject a defined type of requests
3) Process the request

 I need a solution for the first step. If it possible with JMX give me
a hit in which Beam I have to look and a possible name of this
attribute or tell me that this concept not work and which would work.

Regards,
Thomas