I am the person who reported occasional but persistent abrupt terminations of the 1.6 JVM on levels 6u10 and above. I did go back to 6u7 and the application has run without a burp for three months. I had tested 6u18/6u19, both of which produced the same result. I am getting ready to start testing 6u20 as I would like to keep current so I don't have any security issues hanging out.

Thanks,

Carl
----- Original Message ----- From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Tomcat died on "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 2147483664 bytes for Chunk::new. Out of swap space?" message

From: Caldarale, Charles R
Subject: RE: Tomcat died on "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested
2147483664 bytes for Chunk::new. Out of swap space?" message

The current JVM version is 6u20, so you might want to try running with
that before filing a bug report or expanding the swap file.

Should also mention that another Tomcat admin reported occasional but persistent abrupt terminations of the 1.6 JVM on levels 6u10 and above, but went back to 6u7 and that appeared to rectify the problem. I think the highest level he had tested was 6u17, but I'm not positive.

- Chuck