> From: xu cheng [mailto:xcheng....@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: the memory puzzle me....

> by the way, do you know *any tool that can monitor the permanent
> generation*, such what's now resident in the perm gen?

I presume you mean on Windows, since you already found one for Linux.  I
suspect the more sophisticated profilers like YourKit will do it, but I'm not
sure.  Others on the list use YourKit regularly, so they might be able to be
more definitive when they wake up in an hour or two.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.