hi:
thanks for replying

the jvisualvm does show the capacity and the used of the perm gen that the
vm use *currently*
but not the size of the vm* configuration*: PermSize   and   MaxPermSize

in my opinion , the MaxPermSize is the size that the perm gen is *allowed to
expand to*, and the PermSize is the size that allocated when the vm*initially
*started. and the capacity is the size that allocated to the vm* currently*.
am I right? thanks

by the way, I connect to a server remotely , there is only character
interface for me

best regards