Thanks Chris I will take a look at it.

I am just trying to figure out what is the fastest was to handle my app. I was
shooting for less than 1msec at Tomcat which I not have done. Now I want to get
to 100 microseconds. Years ago from an logical architecture standpoint It was:
1. Apache web server - JBoss, then
2. Apache - Tomcat - JBoss
3. APR/Tomcat - JBoss.

Then I drilled down into and refactored some of my code then finally looked at
different types of web services and how fast and maybe why they might be slow.

I currently am using 200MB xmx, xms, -server, NUMA, and set my new generation
be large since my objects are short lived. I do not remember my other settings.
I am beginning to think simpler is better for settings since at 1msec or less
any time spent by the processor might be wasted time.

I am very curious how you got 50K requests per second. I can get 1K per second
on my AMD 6 core system. What was your client setup? I ran my client on the
same
server as my APR/Tomcat-JBoss and I am setting up the client on a laptop so I
am
not sharing resources. For the client I am using ApacheHttp class running in
Eclipse and launch each http request in a different thread. I ended
up configuring Tomcat for 400 connections which made a big difference. I still
have alot more testing/tuning to do and I hope to get to it over the next
couple
of evenings.

-Tony