> From: Bijesh Vijayan [mailto:bije...@gmail.com]
> Subject: nested context issue in tomcat 7

> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee.xml
>                                <Context path="/Employee"
>                                         docBase="./Employee"
>                                         crossContext="true"
>                                         reloadable="false"
>                                         workDir="work/Employee">

The path attribute is not allowed here; remove it.  Otherwise, the rest of the
above is probably ok, depending on the value of appBase in the <Host> element
of server.xml.

> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee#Reports.xml
>                                <Context path="/Employee/Reports"
>                                         docBase="./Employee/Reports"
>                                         crossContext="true"
>                                         reloadable="false"
>                                         workDir="work/Employee/Reports">

Again, the path attribute is not allowed; remove it.  Note that you may not
nest webapps; try placing the Employee/Reports webapp in
/home/bijesh/webapps/EmployeeReports and adjust docBase appropriately.  I would
also suggest making the docBase attributes absolute paths, since a relative
location is not terribly robust.

What is the appBase setting for the <Host> named localhost?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.