On 12/08/2011 18:23, Bijesh Vijayan wrote:
> Thanks Charles,
>
>> What is the appBase setting for the <Host> named localhost?
> /home/bijesh/webapps

> Where can I mention the path.my URLs are
> http://localhost:8080/Employee/logon.do
> http://localhost:8080/Employee/Reports/first.do

> Thanks for the suggestion, but we are migrating from tomcat 5 to
> tomcat 7. Things work fine in tomcat 5. we would like to keep the
> application directory structure as is.

That probably isn't going to be possible. You have over-lapping
docBase's and that is not supported.

> I am not able to give absolute path for docBase as I an getting the
> message "docBase inside the context is ignored". I think I am getting
> this message as docBase directory is inside appBase directory.

You must not specify the docBase since it is inside the appBase. All you
have managed to do is bypass Tomcat's warning. You may have double
deployment as a result.

>>> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee.xml
>>>                                <Context path="/Employee"
>>>                                         docBase="./Employee"
>>>                                         crossContext="true"
>>>                                         reloadable="false"
>>>                                         workDir="work/Employee">

This should be:
<Context crossContext="true" reloadable="false" />

>>> file name = CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/Employee#Reports.xml
>>>                                <Context path="/Employee/Reports"
>>>                                         docBase="./Employee/Reports"
>>>                                         crossContext="true"
>>>                                         reloadable="false"
>>>                                         workDir="work/Employee/Reports">

This is not supported. You need to move
/home/bijesh/webapps/Employee/Reports
/home/bijesh/webapps/Employee#Reports

and then specify your context as:
<Context crossContext="true" reloadable="false" />

Mark