Only 52 java threads.  It used to fluctuate more (we made some changes
to the app to perform a task in a single thread rather than spawning
multiple threads, but the crash still occurs) . The number of threads
is always below 100.

 jstack -F 21370 | grep ^Thread | wc -l
 ps -T -p 21370   (This gives me 63)

I don't seem to specify the -Xss option:

Xms6g -Xmx6g -XX:NewSize=4G -XX:MaxNewSize=4G -XX:SurvivorRatio=6
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:-UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseStringCache
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/home/example/logs

-Jorge