Not impossible.  But you really need a reason for taking on such a big
project.  I've done integration between disparate systems, for
example, between a ColdFusion application and a Tapestry application.
But they are difficult and time consuming.

You should not take on such a project just for "oh, I'd like to try
<new coolest thing>".  This kind of project is best done if you can
migrate entire sections that do not need to inter-connect.  Anytime
you have to sync session info between multiple applications, though,
it becomes very difficult.

If you are looking for something to make your PHP application better,
more object-oriented, and separate logic and presentation, I would
HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Symfony framework [1].  I recently signed on to
do a project where it had to be in PHP because of the existing talent
within the company, and I chose Symfony.  It's the only reason I would
even take on a PHP project.  Check it out.  It's as close to Wicket as
you'll get in PHP.

[1] - http://www.symfony-project.org/

--
Jeremy Thomerson