Only if you call it Picket!

Sound cool, massive job.

On 21 May 2009, at 11:43, Martin Sachs wrote:

Hi,

wicket in php is a very cool idea. It occurred to me that we can start a
port the wicket to a php Framework.

I dont know a php-Framework with features like wicket have. Many frameworks
works more like struts IMHO.

Maybe someone can help me, estimated the work of such porting of Wicket.
 - Model Concept
 - plain HTML and plain PHP
 - Server-side state

This could be very useful because you can run php on a little vserver or you can handle much more Users on one server. This safes a lot of money at the end. Understand me correctly, i like JAVA and Wicket on Java- plattform, but
php is very interesting to push little apps on small servers.

Any opinion to that ?

By the way, you can use the wicket include component to add php- pages to wicket and from PHP you can use an iFrame or mount another page to the php or write ajax-code which requests php-sites without statechange in wicket.

Martin

Ajayi Yinka wrote:

Thanks

May I get the description on how to do the integration. I may not mind the integration, provided it can handle my session for me (As in if a user log in through a wicket page, we can use this same log in instance to manage
the
wicket page).

regards,
yinka

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jeremy Thomerson
<jer...@wickettraining.com
wrote:

Wicket is written in Java. You would need to build an application in
Java, running in a servlet container.  Perhaps you could do an
integration and have some pages running in PHP and some in Java, but
you are looking at a complex project.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Ajayi Yinka