Hi,

The only bigger task I am aware of is the vanilla wicket-ajax.js rewrite
that has been suggested by Korbinian Bachl (some time ago) and Andrew
Kondratev (more recently). Sven said that he wants to work on it.
But in my opinion this task should not stop us to release 9.0.0. The
vanilla impl can be introduced in a minor release too, even in 8.x, if the
APIs are preserved.