2001-07-21

Can you explain further what you are writing here?  Are you saying that the
Atlanta Constitution is reducing some dimension from 54 inches to 50 inches?
A page of the Cleveland Plain dealer is 320 mm (w) x 560 mm (h).   54 inches
comes out to 1372 mm.  I guess I'm not seeing what the 54 or 50 inches is
referring to.

Also, 1.27 m is not that logical.  The more logical would be 1.25 m.   The
last digit should always be a 0 or a 5.  Also, newspaper sizes world-wide,
where metric is used might follow the ISO "A" or "B" series.  A1 would be
595 mm x 841 mm, A2 would be 420 mm x 595 mm and A3 would be 297 mm x 420
mm.  It seems the Plain Dealer falls between the two.

The closest in the "B" series is B2, which is 515 mm x 364 mm.  The "B"
series uses 1.5 m² as the base for B0, where as A0 is 1.0 m².

It would be interesting to note what the newspaper dimensions in metric
countries is.

Any idea, anyone?

John

Keiner ist hoffnungsloser versklavt als derjenige, der irrtümlich glaubt
frei zu sein.

There are none more hopelessly enslaved then those who falsely believe they
are free!

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)