At 18:05 -0500 02/03/22, kilopascal wrote:
>2002-03-22
>
>The question is, who will the TABD petition to in 2009 to demand a further
>delay.  The European Commission will be non-existent sometime after 2005
>when an elected EU Parliament will have full power over such matters.  By
>2009, the EU Parliament will have no interest in dealing with a foreign
>interest group, especially a group whose sole interest is in maintaining a
>system of units that Europe is anathema to SI, the system Europe invented.

John, maybe you go too far and too fast : so far, there are no plans
to get rid of the Commission and give the Parliament full legislative
powers.

The famous "Convention", chaired by former French Republic President
Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, is supposed to make proposals form
institutional reform of the EU by mid-2003 (to prepare the adhesion
of up to 13 new Member States).

But actual changes will take time and by 2009 the structure will not
be much different from the present one. At least that's my guess.

Louis