I just checked out the Australian Tourist Commission web site
(http://www.australia.com). Quite attractive and well laid out.

They give you the opportunity to pick your language and your country. I
was pleased to discover (insofar as I looked) that the English language
versions for Canada and the UK use metric units only. However, I was
disappointed to see that the USA version appears to use US Customary
Units only.

I took the opportunity to send them feedback suggesting that they switch
the version for the USA to a "metric (US Customary)" format. I proposed
to them that the USA is converting (albeit slowly and voluntarily) and
that such a format sends the appropriate message to expect to find a
metric country when visiting Australia.

I'll let y'all know if I get some sort of reply.

Cheers,
Ezra