From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of mechtly, eugene a
Sent: 18 October 2013 17:59
To: U.S. Metric Association
Cc: U.S. Metric Association; mechtly, eugene a
Subject: [USMA:53337] RE: Ceremony in Meters

A complete video of the Award Ceremony of the Medal of Honor to Captain
Swenson is posted at WashingtonPost.com.

In this video, President Obama describes actions by "Will Swenson" at a
distance of 50 meters, and actions by Will at a distance of 20 or 30 meters.

The "official citation" for the Award states *no* distances, in meters or in
any other unit of distance.

Why did Obama's account included statements of distances in meters, but the
official citation gave *no* distances?

Both accounts probably originated somewhere in the Department of Defense.

Eugene Mechtly