My co-worker recently recounted to me her discussion with a car salesman who claimed that 0 to 60 mph is the ONLY performance measure for automotive acceleration used worldwide. He told her this during a discussion in which she was telling him about her co-worker (that's me) who advocates United States metrication. The salesman was arguing that the US should keep its worthy standards because of their worldwide use. I did a little poking around on Wikipedia and discovered that the time it takes to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph is a commonly used performance measure for automotive acceleration in the United States and the United Kingdom. In the rest of the world 0 to 100 km/h is used. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_to_60_mph so the car salesman was just making it up. I think many Americans tend to make things up or just assume things based on their limited experience. Educate yourselves and be prepared to educate your fellow Americans so we can complete American metrication one person at a time.

David Pearl MetricPioneer.com 503-428-4917