Official or not, no one anywhere is ever going to use the unusual SI prefixes in everyday life. It is odd enough to encounter deciliters/centiliters in Europe when is makes a lot more sense to just say 1500 mL or 1.5 liters, which is what most folks do. The whole point of the USMA is to get the US to convert to the metric system, and the only way it will ever happen is for it to be made so simple, which we all know it is, that JoeSixpac will go for it without a hassle. It's not going to happen in my lifetime and maybe not until the next transit of Venus either, if ever, unless the US government gets off its duff and exerts some leadership. Given recent history, lotsaluck.

HARRY WYETH