The bigger problem is "50 States = 50 Ways."  Eventually, the Feds would have
to step in to restore some order.  However, I have no problem using it
temporarily as a "cattle prod" to get the Feds moving on metrication; nothing
else has worked.

On Monday, June 16, 2014 9:58 PM, "mechtly, eugene a" <mech...@illinois.edu>
wrote:

>On Jun 16, 2014, at 8:33 PM,  wrote:
>
>The problem with state by state legislation is that some states already
>*require*
>>
>>units outside the SI for Unit Pricing, while even the current FPLA is silent
>>of the units of measurement that may or must be used in Unit Pricing.
>>

>>Eugene Mechtly
>>

>>________________________________

 Please consider introducing state metrication legislation in your state too so
we can give momentum to this trend. I know that some may argue against this
state-by-state strategy, and I agree that a federal mandate would be
preferable, but a federal mandate
 seems unlikely in light of the current gridlock in Congress. Even though a
state-by-state metrication legislation strategy may not be ideal, at least it
sends a message that some Americans in some states want metrication. Who knows?
It just might work. I say
 we give it a try. What say you? Please consider introducing metrication
legislation in YOUR state.