http://metricpioneer.com/learn/fuel-economy/
(I added a new category tab Learn to Metric Pioneer.)

----- Message from Mark Henschel <mwhensch...@gmail.com> ---------
   Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:39:08 -0500
   From: Mark Henschel <mwhensch...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [USMA:54298] Re: FW: [USMA:54286] Re: [USMA:54283] RE: He
won’t touch issue with 3.048-meter pole
     To: David Pearl <cont...@metricpioneer.com>

When I was in Canada I rented a Ford and the display indicated between
four and five liters per 100 kilometers of travel.      Mark

   On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM, <cont...@metricpioneer.com> wrote:

I just thought of a word we could stop using: mileage. I catch myself
saying that sometimes, then I realize I could be saying fuel effeciency
instead of mileage. Our little 2003 Hyndai uses about 7 liters per 100
km for little trips around Salem, but today when I fill up the petrol
tank, I notice it is only 5 L/100 km probably because my son Sam is
commuting to Woodburn for his new job and freeway travel typically
results in better fuel effeciency. How many L/100 km does your vehicle
burn? Some of you may not need a conversion formula, but here it is
just in case: 235.2/mpg = L/100 km.

----- Message from John Altounji <phy...@msn.com> ---------