Yesterday I was only able to set up a redistributable version/package of VC++, but this morning found the complete VC++ 2010 package and installed it; now I have a system setup like the one before my PC died. Still, when I execute cc from uwin, I get the message 'native c compiler not found'. UWIN did copy msvcrt.lib and msvcrt.dll into /usr/lib and /sys/. Also, wiith the current VC++, I changed PATH and PACKAGE_cc accordingly:

PATH = /C/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/bin:/home/tfilm:/home/tfilm/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib:/usr/include:/sys:/win:.

PACKAGE_cc = /C/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/bin

----
There is no msdev directory, /usr/lib is in PATH. What more is needed for cc to recognize cl as the native C compiler??

Thanks.
MEL
110214.1902