Paul,
This is very interesting ... your springs being 8.5 inches, (I wonder
where those came from ??). Stock springs are only 7 inches long free
length and the springs that are used in the Dynojet stage 1 and 7
kits, (DSP044), are 4 1/2 inches long. This would be even more
interesting if infact the stock springs are different in 1FK00,01,02
carbs, (I have '02 carbs), because I always thought they were
identical. The main jets you list of course aren't stock ... I assume
they are Dynojet jets which would make them very close to the original
stock Mikunis ... I can't imagine what happened to the holes in the
end of the slide ... If someone tried to emulate a Dynojet kit ... the
hole closest to the outside edge of the slide would have been the one
that would be drilled ... w/ a #19 drill ... .166 inches / 4.2164 mm
.... Actually ... if you use the #19 drill ... and drill straight,
(using a drill press etc), the hole will be right at the inside edge
of the slide. (any larger would infact cut into the inside slide
wall). At any rate ... it makes little sense why anyone would not make
these holes equal ... without regard to the size they were shooting
for ... (this is the vacuum port for the slide .. when installed the
hole is at the bottom of the carb in the venturi and low pressure here
is what lifts the slide ... the only other pressure relief for the
inside chamber of the slide is through a hole in the metal end cap
that vents to a reference air port below the throttle plate ... making
the hole bigger in the end of the slide is supposed to make the slide
more responsive .... if anyone actually drilled any holes near the
needle it would have no effect as the needle chamber is sealed with
the o-ringed plastic cap screw). The primary and secondary pilot air
jet sizes 90/170 that you found are stock for non-California US carbs,
(on California bikes .. the primary is a 100).
campbell