Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:52:39 -0500
From: "Edward Emerick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #145

Hello,
To add my 2 cents to the discussion, I pull a 30 foot Sovereign with a
98 1/2 ton Suburban. The units together with the 2 kids and 2 dogs and
all the stuff they need to survive (bikes, CD players, video games,
books, books and did I say books!) weigh 13,010 going down the road.
That includes full propane, water and truck fuel tanks. The Suburban
with the 350 struggles with hills but will hold it's own on flat ground.
I've only been through 1 transmission so far. Next time I'll go 3/4 ton
with a bigger block.

>From my trucking experiences, stay in front of the towed vehicle and let
the power unit control the package. Go bigger and you will be much
happier in the long run.
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign