What: Burlington, VT PHP Users Group Meeting
When: Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: Found Line, 7 Kilburn St, Suite 309, Burlington, VT

Load Balancing with Apache
==========================

At this month's meeting, Bradley Holt (http://bradley-holt.com/) will
discuss configuring load balancing using the Apache HTTP Server
(http://httpd.apache.org/). Load balancing is a technique that can
distribute work across multiple server nodes—here we will discuss load
balancing HTTP (i.e. web) traffic. There are many software and
hardware load balancing options available including HAProxy, Varnish,
Pound, Perlbal, Squid, nginx, and Linux-HA (High-Availability Linux)
on Linux Standard Base (LSB). However, many web developers are already
familiar with Apache as a web server and it is relatively easy to also
configure Apache as a load balancer.

We'll discuss related concepts such as shared nothing architecture.
We'll also take a look at some basic load balancing scenarios and
features including sticky sessions and proxying requests based on HTTP
method. Distributed load testing with Tsung
(http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/) will be briefly discussed as well.

The PHP Users Group meetings are open to the public via RSVP. Please
pass this information on to others who may be interested. You can
register here:

http://btvphpug-2011-03.eventbrite.com/