On Sun, 2013-11-24 at 23:16 +0100, Michaël Kint wrote:
> Hello,
>

> One of my fellow students and me wanted to use valgrind/cachegrind for
> some research. For our research, we wanted to modify
> the indirect branch prediction technique that was used in cachegrind
> (cg_branchpred.c). After modifying some of the code , we weren't able
> to include the math.h library for example. We've tried modifying the
> Makefile in every single way (-lm flag) to try and solve this issue,
> but we simply don't find a solution.
>

> Is it possible to help us and tell us what to do?

Linking libraries in Valgrind tools creates a lot of problems,
and so it not (supposed) to be done.

This is the reason why many "standard" lib functions are re-implemented
in various files. See e.g. the various coregrind/m_libc*.c files.

I guess protections have been implemented in the build system
so as to avoid having such linking be done.

You might try to bypass it, but will probably later on encounter
nasty problems if you succeed to bypass the build system protections.

Philippe