You should contact Kendall Benneth, founder of the firm, and ask for
permission to redistribute the binaries from the virtualbox.org site. It
should help prevent the files from becoming "missing" in the long run if
scitechsoftware.com is ever unplugged from the Net.

"Kendall Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

He's a very helpful and reasonable man... I'm sure he'd give you guys
permission.

Last I know his company was up for sale so the site might disappear
eventually.
FC

On Nov 30, 2007 12:32 AM, Dmitriy Kazimirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Long ago I used SciTech UniVBE and don't remember any problems with it
> (on physical system of course).It was shareware at those times.
>
> According to my knowledge it's free currently (registration codes on
> SciTechSoft site with names like 6.x Free Edition speaks for
> themselves -:))
> Take a look at http://www.scitechsoft.com/ftp/sdd/
>
> May be this should be added to VirtualBox Manual(together with section
> on file sharing on win98 using real networking)
>
> 2007/11/29, Frank Mehnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Thursday 29 November 2007, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> > >
> > > Why would it be needed to provide specific support for windows 98?
> > > Just curious.
> > >
> > > Isn't there any "generic" (ie VESA) video driver for Windows 98 which
> could
> > > be used to gain higher resolutions?. I'm thinking of Display
> Doctor....
> > > (get one from an old repository, as the company, Scitech software,
> recently
> > > went under and is for sale).
> > >
> > > That is, assuming that Virtualbox can emulate an acceleration-free
> VESA
> > > card to the VM...
> >
> > Exactly this should work. Use the SciTech VESA driver for Win98 and you
> > should be fine. But this driver is not free AFAIK.
>
> --
> --
> Best Regards,
> Dmitriy Kazimirov,
> C++ Developer
> of ISS Art, Ltd., Omsk, Russia
> Web: http://www.issart.com
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dream of the Daily Mail
It is the Holy Grail
And then the BBC
Your life would be complete

-Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"