Hello,

I'm new to this list so I apologize in advance for asking what will likely
be a common question.

I manage a new virtual web site and email service for our church, and our
web hosting company uses qmail and vpopmail for virtual mail administration.
I'm looking for a way to allow the people I have created mailboxes for to
change their own passwords, set up forwarding and vacation messages without
asking me to do it for them. I would like to do this with a browser
interface, and I expect to write one myself. I have figured out how to
manipulate the correct ../auth files with a new MD5 password, but I can't
sort out how to authenticate the user against that MD5 file in the first
place before we change it.

If anyone has either an idea on how I can do my own authentication, or if
there is a package I can install to simplify my life for ens user password
maintenance, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance...

Jim