This may help, I had a similar problem in the past.  This is from a Ken
Jones post.

 Edit /var/qmail/users/assign and remove any entries.
 run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-newu

 check /home/vpopmail/domains for a directory of
 that name. If needed, recursively remove the directory
 and all it's sub directories.

 Check /var/qmail/control/* files
 grep domain /var/qmail/control/*
 Remove any mention of the domain.

 Signal qmail-send that the control files have changed.
 killall -HUP qmail-send

 The above works on default installations of qmail
 and linux systems.