On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 08:31  AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

you're right, I should have been more specific. Sorry. Here's a reproduction:

[11:25]jesse@cvsup:[/usr/local/vpopmail/bin]# ./vpopbull ../bulletins/imail-migration.txt mailtest.wingnet.net
[11:26]jesse@cvsup:[/usr/local/vpopmail/bin]#

vpopbull thinks my path: "../bulletins/imail-migration.txt" is a domain name,
or so I assume. In this case, I forgot the -f option.

Shouldn't vpopbull do some checking before it blindly accepts domain names?
Yes.

Also, shouldn't vpopbull error out when someone feeds it an empty message?
Yes.

These two "bugs" make me very paranoid when I'm sending out bulletins. I'm
never sure they actually sent properly until I check a mailbox on the
domain I was targeting.
And rightfully so.  I'll have a look today.

Regards,

Bill Shupp