On Thursday 20 February 2003 09:41, David Richardson wrote:
> Thanks to the lists' advice to make distclean and reconfig and recompile
> was great! HOWEVER, something laying around (maybe not vpopmail?) is
> generating this 'maillog' entry (Redhat linux 7.3):
>
> "Feb 20 08:32:07 (edited hostname) imapd: could not connect to mysql update
> server Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)"

Not too sure about the history behind this thread, but I know that if you change
anything in vpopmail and recompile, you'll have to recompile Courier-IMAP too.

Of coarse, you may not be using courier-imap. In that case, what are you using,
and how are you authenticating? (Direct MySQL? vpopmail auth module? etc...)

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.