From: Tom Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 May 2003 16:32
To: vpopmail list
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Unable_to_switch_to_/home/vpopmail/domains -

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 07:31  AM, DARCY,MATTHEW
(HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2) wrote:
> Every time I create a domain using vqadmin  I get a permissions
> problem (look at problem.com)

> and before you ask yes when I built vqadmin I set the user and group
> flags to vpopmail:vckpw and it reported groups 89:89 so it had the
> right user details - I had no idea why it is doing this.

I'm not sure about vqadmin, but I know that qmailadmin needs to have
the suid and sgid bits set.

Try running `chmod ug+s vqadmin` and giving it another try.

> @400000003ed617fc28c74714 delivery 877: deferral:
> Unable_to_switch_to_/home/vpopmail/domains/
> parsonsmotorsport.co.uk:_access_denied._(#4.3.0)/

How do you start qmail-smtpd?  You need to have it start with the user
and group id of vpopmail.  If you're using a setup like
/service/qmail-smtpd/run, then your run script should look something
like this:

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
LOCAL=`/usr/bin/head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`
export DENYMAIL="DNSCHECK"
export QMAILQUEUE='/var/qmail/bin/qmail-spamc'
export PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH"
/usr/bin/spamd -a -c -d -u qmailq
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 6000000 \
     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R -l "$LOCAL" \
     -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
     -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \
     /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd $LOCAL \
     /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

Don't copy mine exactly, but take a look at the QMAILDUID and
NOFILESGID lines at the top, and the -u and -g options to tcpserver.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]