Hi,

We have been running qmail with sqwebmail for web-mail, we have been using
/etc/userdb for sqwebmail authentication, as this is allows us to have
seperate mail passwords to ssh/login passwords on system accounts ...

we've recently upgraded to vpopmail and vchkpw and would really like to
continue with the 'seperate password' scenario, but as far as I can see the
only option is to authenticate system accounts agaisnt /etc/passwd

My only thoughts so far are to set up a virtual domain for localhost, add
users to the domain and then symlink
/var/vpopmail/domains/localhost/<username> to /home/<username> ....

this must be an already-solved oroblem, and I'm just not seeing it ... any
clues?

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited