On Wednesday 25 June 2003 21:32, Rick Macdougall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you continue to use userdb
> for system users?
>
> qmail - will still work like it used to

yup. qmail isnt involved at this point.

> courier-imap will work with it
> courier-pop will work with it.

err  ... because we aren't using courier-imap or courier-pop?

we are using tcpserver and qmail-pop3d, authenticating against vchkpw. as
described in the vpopmail INSTALL file.

if courier-pop will do it for us, (authenticating system users agaisnt
/etc/userdb and virtual domains against vchkpw ) then thats what we'll do ...

I thought courier-pop used a cdb database thing,  /etc/userdb is a gd
database ... shrug .. I'll go and check out this 'courier-pop' thing then.

thanks ...

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited