Hi,

I've been using vpopmail with cdb authentication system on many servers about 2 years and I don't have any complains about it.
Looking the README.mysql from vpopmail 5.4.0 it says:

        "Using vpopmail with MySQL is becoming increasingly popular.
        The code is well tested and can be considered to be just
        as stable as the default CDB authentication system."

Is there any special reason to use MySQL instead of CDB? I'm not an expert on database systems, but CDB just seems more stable and faster to me (I'm not saying it is, it's just my impression about it and as I said: I'm NOT an expert).
I'm asking it because since vp+mysql is becoming so popular, should be a good reason for that. So, I'd like to hear from you the advantages and cons about it compared with CDB.

                Regrads,
                Eduardo M. Bragatto.