Rick Widmer wrote:

> X-Istence wrote:
>

>> For cdb there are these things you can do.
>>
>> 1) Wait till the PHP extensions fully work and the vpopmail deamon that
>> the PHP extensions use fully work
>

> First a little correction, the PHP extension and the vpopmail daemon are
> two different ways to do the same thing.  The extension gives PHP direct
> access to the vpopmail library and should only be run in a closed
> environment because it trusts any PHP user.  The daemon validates
> connections and limits access based on the current users' rights.

Nope, last i checked the vpopmail extensions in PHP USE the vpopmail
deamon and just make wrap around function for the sockets that need to
be opened and validation of data.

That is as far as i can read from the entire thread, but I am of course
totally wrong.

> <snip auth backends>
>
> If I wasn't in the process of preparing for a release, I might consider
> putting it up on a live server, and intend to do so right after release.
> If you already run a recent version of vpopmail, you should be able to
> compile the daemon and run it alongside your existing mail system.  I
> have no doubt you can use it for password changes on CDB very easily.

I will have a server i can use for random tests up one of these days.

> You have to use the SourceFORGE CVS version from HEAD to get the daemon.
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/vpopmail/
>
> Then look at the utilities and the daemon interface here:
>
>    http://pmailadmin.sourceforge.net/
>

> (If you are adventurous, install the whole thing from CVS and let us
> know how it goes...  :)

Yeah, was gonna do that on my new test server just for shits and
giggles, ill let everyone know.

X-Istence