Jeremy Kitchen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> can you provide recordio [1] output of the session? (hopefully you're using
> something like sslserver from the ucspi-ssl package [2] to run this ssl
> service and not some patch to qmail-smtpd)

Stunnel wraps the non-patched qmail-smtpd to do SSL (I think the same
can be done with sslserver).

For now I've got it working by disabling CHKUSER_LOG_VALID_RCPT and
CHKUSER_LOG_VALID_SENDER in chkuser, which are repsonsible for the
output message I've seen in Thunderbird.

I think the problem is, that qmail-smtpd is called by a wrapper program
(stunnel here) and chkuser sends log-messages to stdout when called
directly (logging enabled in this example):

brain:/var/qmail/bin# ./qmail-smtpd
220 myhosting.de ESMTP
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CHKUSER accepted rcpt: from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote <:unknown:unknown>
rcpt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : found existing recipient
250 ok

brain:/var/qmail/bin# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.myhosting.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 myhosting.de ESMTP
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok

brain:/var/qmail/bin# openssl s_client -connect localhost:465 -state
[snipped SSL output]
220 myhosting.de ESMTP
rcpt to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CHKUSER accepted rcpt: from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote <:unknown:unknown>
rcpt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : found existing recipient
250 ok

thanks,
Florian