Hi Everybody,

I have a system consists of qmail 1.03 and vpopmail-5.4.9 and
courier-imap-4.0.2 and SM and QS.

I think that there is a bug in the qmail-smtpd.

the bug that I can send mail as/from a local account to any other local
account Although I use SMTP auth provided by :
http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html.

smtpd and SMTP Auth.  must prevent anyone to Impersonate and send mail from
an Local Account other than his Local Account to any other Local account.

Imagine that I host the two domains: companyXX.com and companyYY.com for
example.

So , an any person who did not belong to companyXX.com can Impersonate as
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and send a formal email - w/o authenticating of course -
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I want to do that to prevent any other third party - or even any local
account users- to Impersonate and send mail from an other Local Account to
any other Local account.

By the way; My /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run as follow :

#!/bin/sh

# when QMAILQUEUE is set, all mail will be sent to the nominated script
QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl" export QMAILQUEUE

QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`

QMAILDGID=`id -g vchkpw`

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 15000000 \ /usr/local/bin/tcpserver \

-v -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \

-c 20 -R -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$QMAILDGID" 0 smtp \ /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -b
-C \

-r 'relays.ordb.org:Your message was rejected because the mail server you
use is configured to allow OPEN RELAY - More detailed information regarding
this problem is available from http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=%IP%
<http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=%IP%>  - Please forward this error through
to your email server support staff for easy resolution.' \

-r 'list.dsbl.org:Your message was rejected because the message was sent
from a server listed in DSBL - More information regarding this problem is
available at http://dsbl.org/listing?%IP% <http://dsbl.org/listing?%IP%>  -
Please forward this error to your email server support staff for
resolution.' \

-r 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org:Your message was rejected because the message was
sent from a server listed in the Spamhaus RBL - More information regarding
this problems is available at http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=%IP%
<http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=%IP%>  - Please forward this error to
your email server support staff for resolution.' \

/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \

/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

Can anyone help me to work around this problem ????

Best Regards.

Samir Noshy